Day-by-day financial management for cost-centre managers
Our day-by-day financial management for cost-centre managers short training course can include the following areas:
- What is accrual accounting?
- Why do organisations use it?
- How accrual accounting can sink or save a manager
- Accrual implications for budgeting
- Hot button “day-to-day” financial management issues for managers
- Controllable V Non Controllable expenses and what it means for your accountability
- The Variance Reporting Process - an accountability framework
- Typical Formats and Content of Variance Reporting
- Looking Forward as well as Backward
- An intelligent approach to commentary and analysis on variances
- Knowing your audience and their priorities
- Causal factors with budget variances and corrective action
- Volume V Price variances in manufacturing and other “product” contexts
- Full Year Implications - timing V permanent variances
- Variance Reporting in the Public sector
Want to know more about tailored training courses and program options? We specialise in tailoring training for your specific needs.
Who Should Attend?
Day-by-day financial management for cost-centre managers short training courses are designed for anyone who needs to manage a team of people and/or functional resources and understand the connections between operational decisions and financial outcomes, particularly expense levels
- CEOs and executive staff from non-financial backgrounds
- Senior managers and operational managers in private, government and not-for-profit sectors
- Any operational or specialist staff members with budgeting or reporting responsibilities
- Project and program managers
- Business owners
Training course locations
We can deliver Day-by-day financial management for cost-centre managers short training courses for a group at your organisation.Onsite training courses available across Australia in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Perth and Darwin. We also deliver training and short courses in regional areas of Victoria such as Yarra Valley, Daylesford, Mornington Peninsula and Gippsland and in Tasmania in Hobart and Launceston..
If you are interested in public courses please register your interest here and we will notify you of upcoming course dates.
Training course dates
Panache Training and Consulting regularly delivers finance training courses in Melbourne, Victoria, Sydney and Perth.
If you are interested in Melbourne finance training courses please contact us now to find out the next scheduled date and to register your place.
We can also run a course on any date in house in your organisation.
Tailored short training courses
If you would like a tailored training version of Day-by-day financial management for cost-centre managers short training course we can use your own financial statements and your own business model as examples and your own particular “finance language”.
Panache can generate tailored one day or two day training courses for your staff, based on your training specific needs.
Can't find the course you're looking for?
DESIGN YOUR OWN COURSE
Choose from 75 different topics to create a course tailored to your specific needs. We can design a course with topics from Accounting Fundamentals, Financial Statements, Capital Investment Budgeting, Practical Financial Management, Budgeting and Performance Reporting and Public Sector Financial Management.