Our Budgeting short training course can include the following areas:
- Planning & Budgeting Frameworks
- Where Budgeting fits in
- Typical Planning and Budgeting Timetables in Organisations
- What is “Performance Reporting”
- Budgeting and Reporting
- The Role and Content of the Income Statement in Performance Reporting
- Measuring Performance Within a Year
- Measuring Performance within the Public Sector
- Output Reporting in the Public Sector
- Concepts of Income and Revenue
- Asset or Expense?
- All about Profit:
- Gross and Cost of Goods Sold (COGS)
- Profit Before Tax
- Net Profit After Tax
- Revenue and Cost Behaviour:
- Semi Variable
- Step Fixed
- Categorising costs - Direct and indirect
- Basic approaches to budgeting
- Zero based V Incremental approaches
- Top down V Bottom up methodologies
- Geographic V Business Unit/Divisional approaches
- Building budgets from the ground up - Budgeting at the cost/profit/revenue centre level
- Approaches to Budgeting for Revenue
- Approaches to Budgeting for Ex-penses:
- Approaches to budgeting for COGS
- Fixed V Variable expense budgeting
- Budgeting for Employee V On Employee Costs
- The Variance Reporting Process—an accountability framework
- Typical Formats and Content of Variance Reporting
- Looking Forward as well as Backward
- Causal factors with budget variances and corrective action
- Variance Reporting in the Public sector
Want to know more about tailored training courses and program options? We specialise in tailoring training for your specific needs.
Who Should Attend?
Budgeting short training courses are designed for all employees in private and Government sectors as well as the NFP space. From senior managers to people in operational roles, who need to be able to confidently work with budgets and understand the complete process - from planning and forecasting to making improvements to the bottom line.
- CEOs and executive staff from non-financial backgrounds
- Senior managers and operational staff
- Project managers, IT managers
- Business analysts
- Sales managers, marketing managers
Training course locations
We can deliver Budgeting short training courses for a group at your organisation.
Onsite training courses available across Australia in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Perth and Darwin. We also deliver training and short courses in regional areas of Victoria such as Yarra Valley, Daylesford, Mornington Peninsula and Gippsland and in Tasmania in Hobart and Launceston.
If you are interested in public courses please register your interest here and we will notify you of upcoming course dates.
Training course dates
Panache Training and Consulting regularly delivers finance training courses in Melbourne, Victoria, Sydney and Perth.
If you are interested in Melbourne finance training courses please contact us now to find out the next scheduled date and to register your place.
We can also run a course on any date in house in your organisation.
Tailored short training courses
If you would like a tailored version of Budgeting short training course we can use your own financial statements and your own business model as examples and your own particular “finance language”.
Panache can generate tailored one day or two day training courses for your staff, based on your training specific needs.
Can't find the course you're looking for?
DESIGN YOUR OWN COURSE
Choose from 75 different topics to create a course tailored to your specific needs. We can design a course with topics from Accounting Fundamentals, Financial Statements, Capital Investment Budgeting, Practical Financial Management, Budgeting and Performance Reporting and Public Sector Financial Management.